Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What's In A Name

It's 2011 and after years of people telling me I needed to do this, I finally decided to create my own blog. So I guess you're wondering...who is Larry Draper? For those of you who know me this has nothing to do with my government name or identity. In all actuality I have combined two of my most admired figures in television who I feel encompass multiple facets of my personality, Larry David and Don Draper:


The images speak for themselves. Two polar opposites, but then there is me...the middle ground. From Larry David I take a multitude of different personality traits, but I mainly connect with his inability to truly connect with and understand the "rules of society." Yes I know that certain rules in life cannot be avoided and there will always be major importance held in such things as personal etiquette, shaking hands, kissing babies, wearing hard bottom shoes to the club, etc. etc. but as I've grown up I've always found it difficult to follow them. I've always been a person who's thought outside of the box (to my benefit and sometimes to my downfall.) Larry doesn't understand the purpose of the political moves that need to be made to create...he just wants the final product to be completed and executed with the brilliance in which he imagined it.

Then there's Don Draper. Smooth, suave, the ultimate ladies man (all traits I obviously do not encompass,) but behind all his success there's a deeper story. Don is truly a product of his upbringing and continues to attempt to move forward from mistakes he's made in the past. I connect with Don, because I have spent my entire life learning from my mistakes, and using those lessons to become a better person. Don is extremely driven, and always attempts to put himself in a position where his work speaks for itself. I one day hope to achieve that.

And now to step back from a philosophical, emotional rant about my personal life. I'm like Larry David because I'm funny, and I'm like Don Draper because I work in advertising.

So without further adieu I hope ya'll enjoy. The main topics I'll be exploring will revolve around music, and sports, and I'll dabble in a little bit of philosophical stuff every now and again. I'm a pretty fun loving guy so those type of posts will be few & far between. I'm gonna try and post at least once a week so stay tuned. In the meantime check out my "LD Jam of the Week"

And don't forget this is MY blog. And as the great Sean Carter said "What you are about to witness is my thoughts. Right or wrong...this is what I was feelin at the time"

Ungh!


No comments:

Post a Comment